CM11 Beta 2 Available
The Beta 2 version of CM 11 is available for download now ! Before start using Beta 2 be sure to clean your FIFA 11 as it has been corrupted by usage of Beta 1. Beta 2 just contains the same features of Beta 1 but several bugs have been fixed (very likely many other are still there!) You can find the bug list in the help. Use the CM 11 Beta test Thread for reporting defects or for requiring new features. Please stop reporting problems about Beta 1 but conentrate your test now on Beta 2 version only.
If you are not an expert editer, please, avoid to be a beta tester and just wait for the released version. I also recommend beta testers to start from an original DB and not from a modded DB. Remember that you are participating to a test stage... it means that the program is still unreliable, do not use it with the goal to modify your FIFA 11 but just with the goal to help me to provide you a reliable tool in the shortest time possible.
Now (well acually tomorrow ... now I'm going to bed) I will start to add some more features and I will continue to fix the problems that you will report. You should expect a Beta 3 for the middle of next week or earlier.
In order to prepare yourself to be a beta tester:
1) Start from a fresh installation of FIFA 11
2) Make a backup copy of the data folder so you can restore it quickly after you have found a bug
3) Be sure to have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed, it is required for running CM 11
4) When you find a bug, prepare an accurate description of the steps necessary to reproduce it and post it to the forum... consider that in order to fix a bug, I need to reproduce it so a good description is going to save me a lot of time. Before to post in the forum, please check if somebody else has already reported it.
I am pretty sure that, with your help, we can move quickly forward to a full functional and stable version.
Last Updated (Saturday, 12 February 2011 00:08)
CM 11 is in progress and I am happy to show you the first screenshots. My choice was to try to keep CM11 as similar as possible to CM10. This in order to simplify the user approach to this new program. There are many changes in the underlying data structure but everytime it is possible you will see the same graphic user interface. Here are the first screenshots of the Country and Ball pages. You can see that the layout of the page is very similar to CM10. The Ball page also shows the 3D model preview.
The Formation page shows the position of the players, their movements and also the intensity of playing with a color convention (Normal = Yellow, Low Intensity = Red, High Intensity = Blue)
In the team pages you can find the details of each team. Below the pages of generic info, adboards and flags are shown.
Here are more images for editing the team roster, a league and the boots.
Below you can see the pages for editing a player
Last Updated (Sunday, 06 February 2011 09:16)
File Master 11 - Beta 3
The Beta 3 version of File Master 11 is available for download now frorm this link This version fixes a problem during BH regeneration present in the previous version. The package also includes the Beta 2 version of RX3 Master that allows to save RX3 files as well as to import/export images. Be aware that RX3 master works only with texture files and not with 3D model files, if you try to open an RX3 files that is not a texture files you will get an info message and the file will not open.
Beta 2 fixed the crashes occurring during the inflation of compressed files (thanks to Ludo for his valuable suggestions)
You can still participate to the Beta Testing and write your comments in the forum.
Another (small) step toward the full editing of the game! Fifa 11 uses 5 types of data compression, the "traditional" method already used by previous PC version (recognizable by the signature 10FB) a method called "chunkzip" that is mainly a variant of the deflate algorithm, two variants of the 10FB compression that are called respectively "chunref" and "chunkref 2" and a last method that should be a variant of chunkzip, let's call it "chunkzip 2" but that I was not able to decrypt yet. Fortunately only a limited number of files are compressed with this method so we have the possibility to export and import all the important files. One problem of the file system of FIFA 11 is that the .big files are "very big" ... oh yes what did you expect... it's in the name ! Though I have worked on code optimization this makes quite slow to modify them... the approach I think to use in CM11 will be to add new files directly in the folders and just delete from the original .big the files that we are going to replace. What's good is that the folder structure of FIFA 11 is quite clean and easy to understand so we are not going to mess the game folder with thousands of files.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 29 December 2010 21:45)
FIFA Master Roadmap
As you probably know FIFA 11 for PC is very different from the previous versions of the game. This means that all the tools for editing the game must be redesigned and, before, it is necessary to discover the internal file structure of FIFA 11. This job is taking some time but recently we are making some good progress. I want to give you an overview of the current situation and of the next steps:
1) Editing the database. This is at a good point because we discovered everything we need in order to modify the database. DB Master 11 is now at beta 5 and it seems quite stable. I think I can release it shortly. A little bit more complex could be discover the meaning of each field, specially for fields that are new in FIFA 11. I want to open a specific session in the forum for posting everything we discover about the usage of database fields.
2) Editing the files saved by FIFA 11 like, manager, squad, tournament etc. Internal Master 11 is at its Beta 1 version. We still have a big question mark: the files include a CRC control and the algorithm is still unknown. Until we discover this we cannot modify an internal file but we can only read it.
3) Files management: I already have an alpha version of File Master 11 running on y PC, almost ready for a public Beta. As usual it allows to navigate the file system, export and import files, remove etc. As an additional feature for FIFA 11, it allows to export and import RX3 files that are compressed using the deflate\inflate algorithm.
4) RX3 textures: I am now working to RX3 Master, a tool that allows to show the textures present in the RX3 and to import new pictures. It will work in combination with File Master: with File Master you can export\import RX3 files from the big files, with RX3 Master you can modify them. I am making good progress and 80% of the structure of RX3 files is already known (special thanks to Bassio for his help) so I am confident I can release a Beta in the short term.
5) RX3 3D models; RX3 files are used for saving also 3D models, I didn’t start to deeply study them yet . Anyway my goal is not to develop a 3D editor but just to discover enough for showing 3D faces, balls etc so it should not be a huge job.
6) CM 11: as you can understand the development of CM11 is not started yet. Hopefully I will be able to spend some time on it during my winter vacations so, you could expect a Beta sometime in January... at least I hope so.
8) Sound Master 11: well I love to edit the commentary, but I have to give priority to CM anyway it will be the next in the list. Sound Master fans should wait a little bit.
9) Manager Master 11: oh yes this is another tool in the list but, honestly, I don’t think I have enough time for it.... I hope that somebody else can take this in charge (Krystian!!! Where are you ?)
Starting with the first official release of DB naster I will also distribute the documentation for using my DLL so, if some other programmer wants to develop his own tools he can use it. The community will benefit of this for sure. Stay tuned !
Last Updated (Tuesday, 30 November 2010 13:39)
Internal Master 11 - Beta 1
The first Beta version of Internal master 11 is available for download.
It allows to open and visualize alll the files saved by FIFA 11 like manager files, tournament files, squads files etc. The save funcrtion has been disabled because all the files include a CRC whose algorithm is still unknown, therefore any change saved would not be loaded by FIFA 11.
These files actually contain several databases (up to 4), you can navigate through the databases and their tables.
Last Updated (Sunday, 07 November 2010 13:21)
DB Master 11 - Beta 5 available now
Beta 5 version is available right now
Beta 5 was necessary to fix a bug introduced in Beta 4 that caused several problems (I apologize for that, but it can happen during the development). Thanks to all the beta testers for the good job. Beta 5 still implements the hash function used by the language database. This will allow to create new teams and leagues without the need to replace existing ones.
I really hope this can be last Beta and the final candidate for release.
Last Updated (Saturday, 20 November 2010 20:28)
The Database of FIFA 11 has no more secrets
The databases of FIFA 11 are very different from the previous versions, They have a different structure of tables and records, require CRC computations and use a string compresion algorithm. I am happy to announce that all these points have been decrypted and, right now, we can say that the database of FIFA 11 has no more secrets. I just need some time to write down the code but there is nothing that should prevent the editing of the database of FIFA 11. I will let you know soon when a beta version of the DB Master 11 will be available... but you will not have to wait too much ! If you are curious, you can find more technical details in the forum. Stay tuned.
Clean and Safe Site
Some users have reported the presence of a virus on the site. I have verified the site using the Norton Safe Web service and it is now clean. Click the link http://safeweb.norton.com/ and make your own check.
Do not hesitate to report any problem in the future.
Project: a Public Library for Editing FIFA 11
FIFA 11 files are quite different from previous versions and the time necessary to reach the same level of editing of the previous year could be quite long. I see in other forums that the community is very active in trying to understand the new file structure and I want to give my contribution. I will design a new C# library for .NET with basic functions for editing the FIFA 11 files and I will make it public so other developers can use it to create their own application programs. This should speed-up the development of new tools. Of course before to develop the library we need to figure out the file structure, if somebody gives me any information he will receive credits in the documentation of the library.
Last Updated (Sunday, 19 September 2010 10:01)
The Forum is Open
The summer si over and it is now time for a new season of FIFA. This week we can put our hands on the demo of FIFA 11. There are a lot of rumors about the possibility to edit this new version of FIFA due to the announced step to the "Next Generation". If the file structure of FIFA 11 will be very different from the previous versions, it will be very hard to adapt the existing tools. If instead, the changes are mainly in the execuable of FIFA and the file structure is more or less the same, I hope to be able to adapt the tools in a short time. At last, this week we will know the situation.
The Fifa Master site begins the new season with a great new feature: the Forum. I don’t want to go in competition with other excellent (and bigger) forums already active in the net. I woukd rather like to specialize this forum in the FIFA editing, creating a common room where the editors can share their knowledge for making FIFA always better. Opening to your contribution, I hope to make this site always better... don’t wait more create your own login and join the forum.
Last Updated (Sunday, 12 September 2010 17:04)